1, 5, 10 and 25 min poses critique

Home Forums Critique 1, 5, 10 and 25 min poses critique

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Celine 5 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hi there, so here is the result of my 1h figure drawing session, in class mode. I didn't include the 30 sec poses, as they were very incomplete and mainly helped me warming up.

2 first links : 1 min
    3-4 : 5 min
    5 : 10 min
    6: 25 min

Looking back, I would say that n°5 has too short hips/legs. And n°6 was experimental, as I am very unfamiliar with color pencils and colors in general. I was just trying to get out of my comfort zone. Any advice or opinion is welcome ! Thanks~

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hi! I’m not a professional so just take my advice with a grain of salt but I think these look really good!! the overall weight of each drawing is well distributed.

It seems like you don’t do a lot of construction lines and are more just copying what you see rather than observing the body structure (Im guilty of doing that too) I find that drawing the shapes of each body helps keep the whole figure more proportionate. For example: I noticed that in fourth pose, the bicep of the right arm doesn’t really match up with the forearm. If you draw the whole arm at once, problems like this will be less likely to arise. But anyways i hope this makes sense and good luck to you! You already have a really awesome start :)

Thank you so much for your feedback, I would be glad if you could have a look at my figures next time I post, to tell me if I've made any progress in your opinion. Thank you !!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.