30sec, 1min, 5min, 10min / critique appreciated!!

Home Forums Critique 30sec, 1min, 5min, 10min / critique appreciated!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Geirskogul 5 months ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

first image

second image

super rusty havent done this in forever. i would really like some critique/advice and tips!

thank you

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Good evening, Geirskogul, how are you?

Great job on your ranges of gesture, spaces, and proportions and angles, but I'm not totally satisfied with the rigidity of the poses yet. Why don't you just please loosen up most of your attitudes with 5 minutes of 30 second sketches?

If you loosen up your hands for figure studies, then your figures will become less stiff, but more dynamic, energetic, and fluid.

Hope this all makes sense,

im good! how about you?

thank you very much for the tips. i too think i have that problem, so i'll try to work on it. :)

Hey, just took a look at both images. First, I have to say for the first image, I honestly love how you use your lines. I can see the form/motion you are trying to convey with your line work. I would say try to practice 2 minute gestures, to really hone in on how you want your gesture to look. It's not too long and not too short a time, to really start warming up, for longer drawing sessions.

In your second image, I see that your 5 and 10 minute sketches, look more detailed/refined. However, it seems your shading keeps changing on various parts of the body. I would say try to stay consistent with whichever shade you choose, instead of switching back and forth. I personally love the 5 minute one, I can see the form and movement you want to convey, while the shading adds more emotion to it, in my opinion. Really well done, keep up the good work.

P.S. I've also just gotten back to drawing after years of not doing it. One day at a time, one page at a time, one sketch at a time. You got this :)

thank you so much for the input!! ;w; i really appreciate it. i'll definitely work on what you mentioned! ouo)b

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.