Another new person, another request for critique

Home Forums Critique Another new person, another request for critique

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Unpredictabloo 9 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

This website is really kind of awesome. I stumbled across it last night as I was searching for some kind of figure drawing resource.

So, I did some.

They're less gesture and more just drawing. These are timed (10 minutes each, probably a bad idea for someone who fixates on details), graphite on a small sketch pad.

Thanks for your critiques!

http://annikaraaencomics.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/gettin-sketchy-artistic-nudes-slightly-nsfw/

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hello! I'm also new here.. I'm no expert, but I'll see if I can help! You have a very nice sense of proportion and anatomy, but your linework looks hesitant, like you keep going back over lines to make sure they're in the right spot. I bet you could improve your work greatly by placing down some nice dark bold lines and leaving them alone. I find that working in pen helps with this, since it kinda forces you to be bold. Just my opinion though. Good luck, happy drawing! :)

Thank you so much for your thoughts! It's funny that you picked up on my hesitance and search for "perfection." It's something I recognize and am trying to push myself past. :)

I really like the idea of using bold lines and working with pen. I'm going to try that probably this evening.

Go for it! Pen's a little scary at first but once you get used to diving right in and letting the lines do what they want it's a really pleasurable experience. Plus it makes working in less-permanent medias a whole lot easier. It's a great confidence-builder. Best of luck!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.