Critique Request

Home Forums Critique Critique Request

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Thestripper 3 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hi all,

Getting back into art after a few years and really enjoying improving my figure drawing skills. I'm still learning correct proportions of the body and I'd love some feedback.

Images can be found: http://imgur.com/gallery/4NGrxYg

Thanks in advance!

Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

Hi there,

Your shadows on the figures are looking really good but I think you could benefit from some quick sketch! Quick sketches anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds will help you get the figure down much faster as well as help your muscle memory when it comes to proportions. Overall these look great, keep practicing!

Thanks Alaina! I'll be sharpening my quick/gesture skills for sure.

Hey there, Mdewar,

I love how much anatomical definition of the bone and muscle structures here, but I could make a suggestion to you, then your gestures could and would benefit with 70 minutes of 1 minute poses, all flipped vertically, then horzontally. Should you please do these?

The reason why is because, it'll help you out on some perception of edges and forces, and organic forms, in terms of some sketching out the figure studies. For more information be sure to the currently available copy of the Human Anatomy Book by Eliot Goldfinger. (link down there-after all there's always DuckDuckGo, or Google)

Cheers, and I hope you'll find these friendly and supportive. Here's a link:Human Anatomy of Artists By Eliot Goldfinger.

Thanks for the resource Polyvios!

Looks like you have a good understanding of planes and how to orient them in 3D space. If I were you I would do a set of 30 or 60 second gesture drawings each day. Do as many as you can without getting stressed.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.