Getting back into drawing, would like advice on how to improve

Home Forums Critique Getting back into drawing, would like advice on how to improve

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kim 5 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

I'm trying different styles to find an easy one I can use so that is why the figures I drew are not all the same. Some of them are also from 1 minute drawings (I give myself 15-20 minutes trying to observe what I should draw) and some are untimed. I've been doing this for 3 months now, I know that I can't expect to be a professional by now, but I just want some tips on how I can improve.

Here is my work

References:

Mostly comic poses (ex. Marvel, DC, etc)

https://www.deviantart.com/senshistock

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

It sounds like you're looking for a shortcut to get you to "good" as quickly and easily as possible. This is a set of expectations that is very likely to lead to disappointment and disillusionment. You need to find a way to enjoy the process, even the frustrating bit. Building a nice art practice requires studying fundamentals to start with, the practice of which sadly does not really look like much you can show other people a lot of the time.

I'd say focus on learning the underlying structures of the body right now. The outer contour drawings may feel more satisfying, but it's too early for them.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.