Help with Full body drawing

Home Forums Shop talk Help with Full body drawing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by maurice 9 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

I just started an indepence study for my art class and just started a project las Friday. I'm thinking of drawing myself unto a sheet of wood I got. It measures 8 foot by 4 foot. I already painted it white with acrylic paint. I'm thinking of doing the self full body portrait with graphite than going over it with colorsplash of graffiti. I need help since this is my first time drawing a self portrait (full body) "live size" unto a wood surface.

What are your recommendations?

Any cool ideato for me to add?

So far I want the background to stay white and my body beblack and white. By the way I'm a female 5'3" is my height

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

I did a similar drawing last spring in charcoal on a cradled sheet of plywood. I primed with a matte medium to keep the texture of the wood. my first suggestion would be to make several preliminary sketches varying in detail and composition. Then make a detailed rendering of what you want to go on the board and use a grid to transfer. be sure to draw the grid lightly on the board as to not indent the wood. hope this helps.

If you are beginners and trying to draw same thing, try at mural walls where you can expressly share your thoughts in broad aspects. Or you can get it done on your used wooden door and serve is as its design, make sure that you just use water base paint if you are not that expert in drawing.

Regards.
    Maurice

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.