I look for criticism to start on the right foot

Home Forums Critique I look for criticism to start on the right foot

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jarufe 1 year ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Sorry for english

Hi everyone.

well I wanted criticism for the gestures that I drew, since I'm just starting and it would be good to receive criticism from the beginning.
    most of them take me about 5 min, but as far as the gesture is, it doesn't take more than 2 minutes, well, what I think is the gesture.

https://imgur.com/QceVKxR

Thanks

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hi there! This is a good start, and I can see that you are using the line of action in your drawings.

Some things I would suggest would be to draw the lines in one fluid motion instead of several small lines. Draw large long lines with confidence and this will increase the fluidity of your figure drawings!

Try making long and confident lines. Lines drawn in one motion are better than many small lines stitched together to make one whole line. Practice drawing timed figures in 2 min or less to help you make fast decisions in order to improve line quality! This may seem daunting at first, but just try to capture the general motion of the figure.

Studying anatomy and muscle/bone structure will really help in figure drawings, so make sure to also practice breaking down the muscles into simple shapes.

Make sure to keep your hands relaxed and don't overthink the pose too much! Start by capturing the general feel of the pose.

You're doing well so far, so keep up the good work! :)

2 1

Hello, thank you both very much, I will follow your advice.

But regarding the study of anatomy, could you tell me what your learning process is like? I have an anatomy book but somehow I feel like I don't know how to use it.

• Jarufe edited this post on November 2, 2022 12:48pm.

Hello, This is a wonderful start! Your proportions come naturally to you. A heavy understanding of anatomy is only needed if your goal is to draw figures from imagination. It’s possible that the book you have is too far above your ability level, hence you will not get much out of it. The best thing you can study is bones and stenography (the study of shapes). I recommend the book “basic human anatomy” by Roberto Osti. I posted 2 pages of his book in my sketch book for someone else. The Glenn vilppu drawing manual is great for learning how to shade in your shapes. I use taco point character drawing for learning to draw from memory but it is a great beginner book. It’s anime based, it’s the one that is split in 2 books. You can check that out on Instagram taco1704. What books are you trying to learn from?

hello cave paint, thank you very much.

I'll take a look at the books you recommend :)

the book I have is "Anatomy for Sculptors, Understanding the Human Figure by Sandis Kondarts and Uldis Zarins"

I go to drawing classes and several spoke wonders about it, personally I think it must be a good book, only I'm a little slow, it's hard to learn new things the truth, one doesn't know how.

That book looks amazing! I have yet to buy it, but it is on list to buy. You might want try using it to draw a skeleton through one of these models but it will take a bit of time. You can get a pretty good idea of what my book suggestions look like on Instagram.

hello again

I wanted to upload some gestures I have performed this week as practice, I have tried to follow the liquid and safety tips on the line, I am pretty sure I go a bit overboard, unfortunately I have not had time to go through the anatomy yet but I will give myself its time.

I will now upload all the gestures I managed to do this week more or less in the order they were done, they were all done between 1:30 and 2:15 seconds or so.

https://imgur.com/a/ve9m16i

and

&t=798s

Thank you very much for all your advice and for future advice.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.