Recent studies

Home Forums Critique Recent studies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Liquid Darkness 1 year ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Link

(let me know if the link doesn't work)

Hi, I've been starting to practice drawing poses and anatomy and am looking for critique :)

• Merel edited this post on March 31, 2022 12:10pm.
    Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Au contraire, Merel, your link actually works. Good evening, and welcome to Line of Action, this is Polyvios, how are you tonight? Excellent job on showing a range of expressive action and acting in your quick sketches. Keep up the great work, I say!

Yet, I've got one small request. I'm not getting enough of the fluid and lively quality in your poses and figure's lines. Would you like to free up your dominant arm and non-dominant arm with 6 minutes of 29 second gesture drawings? (All from memory, likewise, look at the pose for 15 seconds, then draw actually for 14 seconds each) If you first ever goal is to make your poses and lines of action and of rhythm less stiff and rigid, and more dynamic, vital, and energetic. Here's a link to Volume 1 and Volume 2 !, II and more. of the Walt Stanchfield Book PDFs on Archive.org. Good luck and good night.

The rough poses are good, all i think is you gotta make them a little more clearer so you can see movement better.

Your scetches seem well thought-trough and I think you grasp the proportions of human body quite well, too! The differences in flown between 30, 60, and 90 second-longs suggest that with more time you don't actually study the posture more rather than focusing on your lines and overall shapes. If I could recommend an excercise to loosen up a bit, I would say exaggerate the poses a little until they feel too much. You're doing great, keep it up!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.