Resetting as an artist

Home Forums Shop talk Resetting as an artist

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by dilandoubishop 3 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. I'm 26 this year. I've been drawing casually my whole life, and all of a sudden, looking back at my work produced this year; realised that I hate my work and want to start from scratch and relearn the fundamentals. I discovered this site while going down the YouTube rabbit hole and I decided to make this my main practice site.

I studied graphic design before and didn't enjoy it as much as drawing so after a few years as a graphic designer, I quit and made the leap to be a freelance illustration artist. I did manage to get some caricature and portrait work but what I truly wanted to do was character design and illustration. Right now I think the best step for me is to build a new portfolio from scratch.

I'm looking to find like-minded peers, so we can be art friends and grow together in a buddy system.

Local classes and going back to Uni is not an option for me right now, so I'll have to progress from here as a self-taught artist.

-Yasmin.

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

I too sympathize being a character designer and illustrator. I want to get into comic books and games. You know any digital programs? because if not, I know some good tutorials that you can learn on your own. I'm not sure what I can offer to the table in this buddy art system, but I will try my best.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.