A major new patch was released for the drawing tools today! This release includes:
- The pause button no longer puts a dialog box in front of the image, so you can now feel free to pause on images that capture your fancy and spend as long as you want finishing your drawing if you wish.
- Better image pre-loading, so you don't waste precious drawing seconds waiting for each image to load.
- A loading spinner when you do have to wait for an image to load, so it's clear the tools are working and haven't crashed.
- A fix for the iOS image resizing issues, where images frequently got cut off on iPads and iPhones. If you used to suffer from this issue but no longer do, please let me know this patch worked for you!
- Break messages no longer advance the photos.
- Break messages now include the exact recommended break length, instead of just showing it in the "time left" timer, to help you stay on schedule for your at-home class.
- The faint black background that is meant to make the timer easier to see no longer goes away if the image does not have a photographer credit associated with it, meaning it's easier to read the timer no matter what image you're viewing.
- Forums on small screens (mobile phones) will now show you who the last person to reply to a topic was, so it's easier to tell if you've gotten a response without opening each topic.
- Better categories for the animal drawing tool
- The "All but insects & other creepy crawlies" option has been restored
- A new "All" option that gets you all animals of all kinds has been added.
- When you click “Only show live animals” it no longer erroneously tells you "no images fit this criteria."
With all new code, there's always a chance for new bugs. If you encounter bugs and issues with this new version, please post about them on the Support Forum, or submit a bug report via the contact form.
If you enjoy this update, please consider supporting us. :)
EDIT 5/19/2018 6:20 PM PST: A second patch has just been released to address a bug that prevented class mode from advancing beyond the 30 second warmups.