My daily gesture drawings

Home Forums Critique My daily gesture drawings

This topic contains 510 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Swen 3 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite
    Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

hi swen,

from the gesture drawings you have posted here I assume that you work only from refrence photos, but never live models. what do you think is better, live drawing classes, or drawing from photos? I don't like trying to look for good photos to draw in the internet, because it's so time consuming, but that way, you could find a muuch bigger variety of kinds of models, like poses during action, which is a thing you can't succesfully initate in real life. also, life drawing classes are expanssive, and I don't know that there are many non-nude ones out there, which is my preference.

if you have some big packet of reference photos you are willing to share, like in a pinterest board, I would like to have them.

your work is really amaizing, BTW

hi swen,

from the gesture drawings you have posted here I assume that you work only from refrence photos, but never live models. what do you think is better, live drawing classes, or drawing from photos? I don't like trying to look for good photos to draw in the internet, because it's so time consuming, but that way, you could find a muuch bigger variety of kinds of models, like poses during action, which is a thing you can't succesfully initate in real life. also, life drawing classes are expanssive, and I don't know that there are many non-nude ones out there, which is my preference.

if you have some big packet of reference photos you are willing to share, like in a pinterest board, I would like to have them.

your work is really amaizing, BTW

Hi Big2 M, thanks for dropping by! You're right, the drawings I post are done from photos. As for which is better, nothing tops drawing from life. If it's hard to find life drawing sessions/classes in your area, consider just going out somewhere to draw, like a cafe, the beach or a zoo. It might be less scary if you have a group or at least one artist buddy accompanying you.

As for resources, I think you have access to a good and varied collection of reference on this site. I don't get mine from just one place.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.