You made it! We’re so glad to have you on our new website. We used to be www.artists.pixelovely.com
As you can see, we’ve relaunched with a brand new site, a brand new name, and a completely rewritten code base for our drawing tools.
Here’s some of the new drawing tool features you can now enjoy:
- A redesigned, cleaner user interface
- The new tools are more mobile friendly so you can use them more effectively from your phone or tablet.
- You can choose a custom length of time for each photo to be shown to you, whether you’d like to do a super fast 5 second gesture line practice or 15 minute sketches.
- On screen countdown timer so you can see at a glance how much longer you have to wrap up sketching each pose
- Clicking or tapping the screen will hide the toolbar, so you can enjoy full screen drawing bliss. Just click or tap again to bring it back!
- During class mode, you’ll be informed how many more poses are left in each duration, before the timing will change on you. (For example “4 more poses of this length,” might show in front of the timer)
- All “class mode” times have been updated. Previously, the timing that you picked was a little approximate — break time wasn’t taken into account very well, for example. So the number of various pose durations has been tweaked to be more exact, and suggested lengths (complete with timers!) for each break time have been implemented so you know how long you have to do hand stretches before it’s time to get under way again if you want to stay on schedule. In longer classes that actually include a lunch break, a mini warm up has been added after the lunch break to help you get back into the swing of things.
- A confirmation window has been added when quitting a class early or stopping a standard gesture drawing session, to prevent accidentally losing your place.
This new code-base will make many more wonderful features much more possible for the future, like the ability to construct a custom class, or perhaps even using your own collection of photos.
If you run into technical issues, you can contact us directly or seek help on our new support and suggestions forum. Here’s our list of currently known issues we’re working on.
Speaking of the forums! Our forums have also been heavily redesigned and many of the old problems people experiencing when posting have been fixed, so we hope to see activity surge upward in our forums.
As ever, this site is still made possible by your generous donations. Thank you to everyone who has supported us in the past! We could not have accomplished this massive update without you.
Please note: We have removed accounts that have never left a comment on one of our posts or participated on the forums. You can still use the tools without an account as before.